Sunday 28 July 2013

Ted (2012) movie review.



Starring:


Mark Wahlberg
Mila Kunis
Seth MacFarlane
Joel McHale
Giovanni Ribisi

The review.

Ted is comical movie that's enjoyable after about twelve o' clock at night. About the adventures of a mystical, loud mouthed, pot smoking, hooker hiring and sexually active teddy bear named Ted; who mystically comes to life because of his owner's Christmas wish. Whoops.

Mark Wahlberg was largely funny in his antics and screw up that his character, John Bennet, is confronted with. I don't think, really, that he did his best playing the roll but who can blame him after presented with a shoddy, childish script. Kunis I also didn't think gave herself entirely to the role, which I know she is capable of after watching Black Swan, for the entirety of the movie I just wanted to scream at the television shut up Meg for funsies. Seth Macfarlane, who provided the voice for loud mouthed yet mystical Ted was prestige in  doing so, His on screen counterpart, however was not. I can't say that Ted wasn't funny, just childishly funny; the kind you wouldn't want to admit to. McHale's part in the film is basically to wind up the main characters, playing Kunis' self described womanizer boss. He acts like he does in everything else, which is pretty funny if you ask me. Ribisi, however, stole the spotlight all to himself. Playing a psychotic version of Ned Flanders, Ribisi's character and his son steal Ted and lock him up in their house for play time. Along with dancing to Madonna is what he thinks is privacy, Ribisi is hilarious in the film.

I think Ted is funny the first time around, but not something I'd recommend for a second viewing.

I rate the movie.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment