Friday 26 July 2013

Rihanna - 'Diamonds' world tour; Cardiff 10/06/13.


Well, Rihanna can certainly perform. Five costume changes, a diverse setlist and classy gyrating made Rihanna's debut in the UK for her 'Diamonds' world tour in Cardiff's Millenium stadium  a success. 

One mistake she made, however,  was let David Guetta be her support act.



He kinda stole your spotlight, Riri. David Guetta masterfully got the crowd jumping and jiving. Doing his Dj thing, he begrudged Rihanna of a spotlight after presenting his arrangement of collaborations; such as with Nikki Minaj, Sia and Riri herself. 

But she took it back by blaring out on stage after the forty-five minute interval between acts in interesting attire.

Diversity I think was the key to her act. Singing songs ranging from Bubblegum pop to Reggae, Rihanna holds an array of tracks to her arsenal. As stunning as ever, Rihanna dances around the stage as if she wasn't phased by 65,000 people spectating her show.



She 'sang' many of her chart topping hits, ranging from Umbrella to Man down and even some lesser know tracks; such as Rockstar 101, which featured Slash on the track but Nunu Bettencourt from the band Extreme filled in on stage with Emphasis from Riri.

She embarked in a serong to sing her ballads (my friends and I thought it was a towel from afar). If only she sang a little more rather than rely on her back up singers while shimming her figure around.  

Nevertheless, Rihanna put on a good show; a show I would've happily paid to see (I have good friends, I didn't have to; thanks Lows).

On the whole the show was entertaining, adrenalin fuelling and loud, very VERY loud. 

I rate the show:




The pictures featured are from the show, but I didn't take them. The one's I took are on my Blackberry and it's too much effort to transfer them to my iPod.



No comments:

Post a Comment