Friday 26 July 2013

Miley Cyrus' 'We can't stop'.




It's my blog I can do what I want.

I haven't got a clue why I like this song, but I do. Music critics were sceptically of Cyrus' musical direction and so am I. Her provocative image is seemingly to garner attention and the twerking in the video seems pointless. 

The song is of pop origin which incorporates dance and R&B with poor songwriting thrown in for good measure. At the beginning of the track a low pitch voice chants the law; it's our party we can do what we want. The song is about a house party with instinctive drug references; for example tryna get a line in the bathroom referring to cocaine and dancing with miley/Molly, a reference to ecstasy. 

In all fairness, it doesn't sound like anything else on the radio, but if this is Cyrus' attempt to try and get taken seriously within the music industry then my love, you fail. 

I rate this track: 

No comments:

Post a Comment