Friday 26 July 2013

Avril Lavign's 'Here's to never growing up' and 'the Voice' performance.


The track.

Never thought I'd see the day that Skater boy singer Avril Lavign would join the trend of releasing songs convincing  children that Neverland exists, for instance Ke$ha's We're gonna die young. On the other hand, I never thought I'd live the day that I like said song.

Released on the ninth of April, 2013 as the lead single to her upcoming fifth studio album; here's to never growing up is well written by Lavign and a group of writers.

The song is a slow song about feeling young forever, noting some of the stereotypical things associated with youth;  boombox blaring as we're falling in love and got a bottle if whatever but it's getting us drunk to name a few.

The Icing on the cake for me was reference to rocker Radiohead, keeping Lavign at the heart if the alt-crowd; making a bunch of blonde bimbos jump for their Blackberries and scroll to Wikipedia.  

What I love is the easy listening that the track presents and what it stands for. When I'm told to just grow up I literally think "I don't give a fuck" adequately sang by Avril in the second verse.

I don't think I can give any criticism, the track for me is perfect. Therefore I rate it:
'The Voice' UK performance.
What I love about Avril is she doesn't sound bad live, almost the same as she does on a track. 


Unlike some artists who have performed on realty shows, such as a certain young woman who performed Firework on the X Factor UK a few years back *cough Katy Perry*, Lavign is prestige on stage. As far as I know there wasn't any pitching problems and she looked like one of the boys among her band.   

I rate the performance:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment