Friday 26 July 2013

Evanescence's self titled third studio album (2011).




For me, anything Evanescence releases is pure gold. To date, I own all three of their albums and to me, they're how an album should be made. People might disagree because of the band's dark, alternative sound but my friends and I like to live outside of the mainstream social circle. When I was introduced to Bring me to life; Evanescence's most successful single to date; back in 2003 I knew we were a match made in heaven.

Their most recent album is no exception. My favourite track has to be Lost in Paradise as it deeply reminds of Hello and My Immortal. Their first single from the Album, What you want has been my ringtone ever since it was released for digital download. The up tempo of the track reminds me of Going Under and Made of stone reminds me of Call me when you're sober.

But the thing that never ceases to amaze me is Lee's vocals. As strong as any instrument, Lee delivers a battering, high note pelting and hypnotising performance for her fans and is nothing short of a miracle after a five year gap between releases.

The only bit of criticism I could possible give is that the songs are extremely similar to that from Fallen instrumentally. The only song I can honestly say I didn't really enjoy is Oceans. The hazy synth hum just doesn't cut it for me.

If for some reason you don't already own Evanescence, I highly recommend you click on your tiny little iPhone screen and buy it immediately.

 
I rate this Album:



No comments:

Post a Comment